New England Newspaper & Press Association (NENPA) – 2019
Social Issues Feature Story – First Place
“The Faces of Food Insecurity” – A six-part series about food insecurity on Martha’s Vineyard.
- Faces of Food Insecurity: An introduction
- Faces of Food Insecurity: At home with three kids
- Faces of Food Insecurity: Age is only a number
- Faces of Food Insecurity: The issue is vegetables
- Faces of Food Insecurity: The caseworkers
- Faces of Food Insecurity: Grateful for the grapevine
- Faces of Food Insecurity: Project Bread
Health Reporting – Third Place
“Opioid epidemic hits home hard” – The number of drug overdoses on the Martha’s Vineyard doubled in one year. One family shared their story.
Section – Arts & Entertainment – First Place
As a Features Editor for the MVTimes, myself, another editor, and a designer were recognized for our work on the Arts section of the weekly newspaper. Judges called it a “comprehensive section featuring numerous staff-written features, strong arts coverage, and a robust calendar. Strong visual presentation, well edited, and useful.”
Special Section – The Local – Second Place
As the Editor of the MVTimes’s bimonthly publication “The Local,” myself and two designers were recognized for our work on a lifestyle supplement that covered island fashion, home design, garden tips, food features, and more. Judges recognized it as “dynamic and comprehensive with a great centerfold.”